WUFA Ad Hoc Committees
From time to time, different ’ad hoc’ committees are formed to deal with various issues which affect the membership. Committees may be formed for a variety of purposes, such as to proof-reading important documents, surveying the membership, organizing special events or volunteering in the local labour community.
Administrative Evaluation Committee (2022-2023)
Committee Members: Robert Arnold, Thomas Kenworthy (Chair), and Gurupdesh Pandher
The Administrative Evaluation Committee was formed as follow up to a motion that was passed by the WUFA membership at the Fall 2020 AGM meeting, held on October 30, 2020. The Motion: "To improve the quality of governance, transparency and performance of the University of Windsor and promote equity, WUFA will conduct annual surveys of its membership regarding the President, Provost and Deans and other members of senior administration to be determined by a committee of WUFA Faculty Council and report the results on the WUFA's website".
SURVEY RESULTS from the June 2021 survey
Governance Committee (2022-2023)
Committee Members: Meris Bray, Natalie Delia Deckard, Ronjon Paul Datta, Heather Hartley, Pardeep Jasra, Muharem Kianieff, Mark Lubrick, Ashlyne O'Neil, Sherif Saad, Jennifer Soutter
For the 2022/2023 year, the Committee has decided to rotate its Chair.
The WUFA Governance Committee is composed of at least 5 WUFA members in good standing and currently working at the university, who will review WUFA's constitution and bylaws, other governing documents of the Association, and identify practices that need to be updated. This Committee will bring its recommendations back to the General Membership Meetings for discussion and vote. The Committee is encouraged to consult with the WUFA President, WUFA Executive Committee, WUFA's Faculty Council, other permanent committees of WUFA, WUFA staff members, and signed members of the Association for guidance during its term.
Ad Hoc UPP Committee
The Mandate of the WUFA Ad Hoc University Pension Plan Committee is as follows:
- The Committee shall investigate the desirability and feasibility of moving the faculty pension plan to the University Pension Plan (UPP).
- The Committee shall consult widely with the WUFA membership, WURA, and any other unions on campus. The Committee may also consider consultations with other faculty associations that have joined or considered joining the UPP.
- The Committee shall engage with representatives of the UPP to obtain
asmuch relevant material information that it deems to be of interest to the membership
- The Committee shall have the right to negotiate the terms of any possible move of the pension to the UPP with the UPP representatives on behalf of WUFA after being asked to do so by vote of the membership, however WUFA reserves the right to give its final approval and propose amendments before any agreement is formally signed.
- The Committee will, from time to time, report to Executive on its discussions with the UPP, or any other progress by the Committee.
The composition of the Committee is as follows:
- Ex officio members comprising of the WUFA President, Vice-President Internal and Vice-President External
- Anna Lanoszka, WUFA President
- Meris Bray, VP Internal
- Jennifer Soutter, VP External
- At least one WUFA rep from the D.2 Committee – both reps are welcome to join.
- Ram Balachandar
- Lydia Miljan
- Three WUFA members from the membership at large
- Tim Grondin
- Natalie Bownes
- Luis Rueda
- One representative from WURA
-Adrian Van Den Hoven
Ad Hoc Committee to Propose Changes to the Senate Bylaws
The Mandate of the WUFA Ad Hoc Committee to Propose Changes to the Senate Bylaws is to identify and prioritize issues of concern identified by WUFA members, issues that are found in the Senate Bylaws, and propose modified language to submit to the Senate Secretariat for Senate consideration.
The Committee shall report back to the WUFA Membership on their success and failures at the Fall AGM 2023, at which time it shall also be decided whether to make this a permanent committee of WUFA. WUFA Office Staff shall only be required to organize meetings on behalf of this Committee. All meeting notes and other work of the Committee shall be performed by Committee members.