MEMORANDA OF AGREEMENT - Guest Directors for University Players
The parties agree that supporting students’ ability to have opportunities to work with industry professionals in the acting/directing field and supporting the University of Windsor goals of greater diversity are advantageous to the student experience in the School of Dramatic Art. The University commits to proactively including directorial roles of the University Players seasonal productions for members of the Black, Indigenous and racialized communities. To reflect that commitment, by no later than the Fall 2023 season, a commitment of at least one third (1/3) of the seasonal productions will be directed by Black, Indigenous, or racialized directors. To promote these opportunities for students, the directing of productions of the University Players will be determined in accordance with the following criteria:
- Up to four (4) University Player production directing opportunities per season will be offered through Guest Director residency arrangements as determined by the School of Dramatic Art Directing Committee.
- The remaining production directing opportunities will be offered to full-time faculty in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Should any of the above directing opportunities remain unfilled by a full-time faculty member they will then be posted as a Sessional Appointment opportunity in accordance with Article 54:07 of this Collective Agreement.
- The remaining University Player production directing opportunities per season and any remaining opportunities which are not filled through the process above will be filled through Guest Director residency arrangements with industry professionals as determined by the Directing Committee.
- No Guest Director will be responsible for the evaluation of students in their production.
- Where a Guest Director fulfills a Guest Director residency they will be paid the equivalent of sessional stipend per production and will be members of the Bargaining Unit.
- The terms and conditions set by the Directing Committee that apply to those persons fulfilling a Guest Director residency as an independent contractor shall be consistent with the following clauses, all of which shall apply to this Agreement: 1:01, 2:01, 3, 4, 10, 11, 30, 32, 38:01 to 38:07, 39, 50, 51, 53, 58, 61, and R.1(b).